Meanwhile, here's something I posted to my tumblr blog a little while back in an attempt to answer some questions. It ended up resembling a tutorial that isn't quite sure what it's about - construction drawing, character consistency and a little about character appeal, I guess. I figured I'd share it here in case it's useful to anyone.
- The Notes about Expressions "tutorial".
- An older drawing tutorial covering some of the same material.
Additional useful stuff:
- Andrew Loomis' old-timey, but superior drawing books, which are freely available online.
- The John K. Stuff blog, which discusses multifarious aspects of character design and drawing.
- Various tutorials by , to whom Legschilla belongs.
Lackadaisy Volume 1 is available now on Amazon.
New prints of Zib, Viktor, fuzzy-Freckle, Rocky, and Mordecai are available separately or in a set at the 4de store.
Updates announced on Tumblr, Twitter and Facebook.
Anyways, this is really helpful!
Either way, thanks for making this, its extremely helpful!
I has another question which I'm directing at anyone who's willing to answer; do you ever rely on clothing to cover up anatomy mistakes, or awkward proportions? Or do you make sure to fix them as soon as you notice them? My problem is that I notice all the errors, but usually trying to correct them only makes things waaay worse ouo.
this is helpful I don't do anthro art, but I need work on angles of the head.
Lol, Love it so~